Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Obama on Letterman!

After reading about the interview Letterman had with President Obama, I wish I would have taken the time to watch it. Lot's of laughs and fun. David asked, "Was Jimmy Carter onto something ... was this unease or poor decorum rooted in racism, or is that just something to talk about?" Obama replied, "First of all, I think it's important to realize that I was actually black before the election". Letterman quipped: "How long have you been a black man?" Obama said, "So the American people, I think, gave me this extraordinary honor. That tells you a lot, I think, a lot about where the country is at." Why did the President agree to come on and be apart of Letterman's show: Among Letterman's theories: Obama said yes without thinking about it, or as Letterman put it, "Like Bush did with Iraq." But Obama had other ideas. It turns out he was listening when Letterman had bantered with a woman in the audience who brought a potato in the shape of a heart to the show. Obama told Letterman: "The main reason I'm here? I want to see that heart-shaped potato."!! Too funny!! Click here for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment