Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mark Wahlberg thinks he could have stopped the September 11th attack?!

What a complete idiot!
It sounds like Mark Wahlberg is having a hard time distinguishing between fantasy and real-life. In an interview with Men's Journal, the action star says he was scheduled to be on the doomed September 11th flight from Boston to Los Angeles, but wound up leaving a week earlier. Still, Wahlberg believes that had he been on the flight, he would have been able to stop the attack on the World Trade Center. “If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did," he told the mag. "There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, ‘OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.’” The comment has outraged Deena Burnett-Bailey, whose husband Thomas Burnett died on United 93, but not before rushing the cockpit. Deena calls Mark's comments "disrespectful," telling TMZ, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilots' license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. " Wahlberg yesterday apologized for the comments. "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible," he told TMZ. "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

No comments:

Post a Comment