Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always Remember - Never Forget!

September 11, 2001 was one of my toughest days in radio. I was as shell shocked as everyone and had a very hard time keeping my emotions in check. I knew I had to do my job...to inform all of you of the tragedy unfolding in New York, but struggled with my own thoughts and fears. The thought of this being the beginning of more attacks, of family and friends all over the nation maybe being in harms way. Then I thought of the families right there, at ground zero. All those firemen, policemen, emergency responders that did their job, didn't even think twice of running into burning buildings to save lives. All of them HERO's! Today we have an opportunity to show our support of all of the hero's, veterans, past and present, and those that protect us each and every day by walking at the 2012 Freedom Walk with Operation Homefront. It is a FREE event and all are welcome to attend. The program starts at 5:15pm at the band shell in Riverside Park with the walk shortly after. Please join me tonight to say "Thank you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment