Friday, July 24, 2009

The Police are angry!

Ok, I watched this news story last night on one of the major networks and have my own opinion from what I heard. A lady passing by the home of this Harvard Professor saw someone breaking in through the front door, or at least that's what it looked like to her. She called the police. By the time the police got there, whomever it was had already gone inside the home. The officer followed standard proceedure for a possible break-in and knocked on the door and asked for ID from the gentleman and explained why he was there. The story goes from there that the professor accused the cop of harrassment/and being racist. My thoughts are that if a neighbor or passerby thinks my house is being robbed and called the cops and they came to question me....I'd be grateful that someone was looking out for me and our neighborhood. Why was it such a big deal to give the officer an ID and explain that the door was sticking and thanks for coming to check on the situation......Maybe I do not have all the facts...that is possible. Now Obama is under fire....read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment