Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh, what a feeling!!

I had the most rewarding experience yesterday afternoon. I was headed to Menards in Onalaska on Riders Club Rd. and I saw a group of young girls - maybe 8 to 12 years old - with a Lemonade Stand holding up signs, doing all they could to get someone to stop. I did my shopping and knew I had to stop at the stand on my way back. When I pulled up to the corner and they saw that I was stopping to shop, they squealed. Not only did they have beverages but they had made bracelets out of yarn as well and it was all a fundraiser for the Humane Society! I gave them way more than what the Rootbeer and bracelet were worth, but I left with such a great feeling. Taking time out of a crazy schedule sometimes seems tough to do but the feeling I got from doing so, was worth being a little late for my meeting!! The bracelet will be a forever part of my office wrapped snuggly around my pencil holder and I shared my rootbeer with my daughter Morgan!! Why not take the time to stop next time you come accross some kids just being kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment